Sent by Stefania Sparnocchia, IAPSO Secretary General
18 December, 2018
Call for nominations for the IAPSO Executive Committee, 2019-2023
A new IAPSO Executive Committee (EC) will be elected by the Accredited Delegates of the Members of IAPSO at the next General Business Meeting. This will be held on July 11, 2019 (8.30 am - 10.00 am) during the 27th IUGG General Assembly in Montréal, Canada (http://www.iugg2019montreal.com/).
IAPSO Members (National Committees, National Correspondents, or equivalent) are now invited to submit active physical and chemical oceanographers as candidates for the following positions in the next EC: President, 2 Vice-Presidents, 6 Members.
The present and previous members of the EC are given in the enclosed Guidelines for Nominations.
Please note the following:
- The present President will become the Past President of the new EC.
- The Secretary General and the Treasurer have been elected for two, four-year terms and will stay in their positions for another four years.
- All other members of the EC are elected for one term of four years and might be re-elected once for the same position in the EC.
- Nominations must be sent to the SG not later than 3 months before the General Business Meeting, i.e., not later than April 10th, 2019.
- Any nomination must include the filled Nomination Form and a CV of the candidate.
- The received nominations will be scrutinized by the Nominations Committee lead by the Past President, Dr. Eugene G. Morozov.
More information can be found in the enclosed Guidelines and in the IAPSO Statutes and By-Laws. See http://iapso.iugg.org/home-iapso8/statutes-and-by-laws12.html
We enthusiastically welcome your nominations.
Best wishes, and I hope to see you in Montreal
The International Association for the Physical Sciences of the Oceans, IAPSO
CNR-Istituto di Scienze Marine
Area Science Park - Basovizza - Edificio Q2
Strada Statale 14 - Km. 163.5
I-34149 Trieste, Italy