Sent by Stefania Sparnocchia, IAPSO Secretary General
10 November, 2022
Call for nominations for the IAPSO Executive Committee, 2023-2027
Deadline: 10 April 2023
Dear IAPSO National Correspondents,
A new IAPSO Executive Committee (EC) will be elected by the Accredited Delegates of the Members of IAPSO at the next General Business Meeting. This will be held during the 28th IUGG General Assembly in Berlin, Germany (https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/).
In conformity to Article 14(b) of the IAPSO’s By-Laws, I have the pleasure to invite IAPSO Members (National Committees, National Correspondents, or equivalent) to submit active physical and chemical oceanographers as candidates for the IAPSO Executive Committee for the coming quadrennium (2023-2027). These include the President, Secretary General, Treasurer, 2 Vice-Presidents, and 8 Members at Large. One of the eight members will be de facto an early career scientist, whose formal role will be to chair the IAPSO Early Career Scientists Working Group.
Please note the following:
1. The current President will become the Past President of the new EC.
2. The position of President is open to scientists from Member Countries whose subscription has been paid up to the end of the calendar year preceding their nomination.
3. The current Secretary General has served two four-year terms and wish to retire.
4. The current Treasurer has served two four-year terms and is available to be elected for another four years.
5. Only one of the current Vice-Presidents can be re-elected to the same office for a second four-year term
6. Only four of the current Members at Large can be re-elected to the same office for a second four-year term.
7. Nominations must be sent to the SG not later than 10 April 2023..
8. Any nomination must include the filled Nomination Form (see the attachment) and a CV of the candidate.
9. The received nominations will be scrutinized by the Nominations Committee chaired by the Past President, Dr. Denise Smythe-Wright.
More information can be found in the enclosed Guidelines for Nominations.
We enthusiastically welcome your nominations.
- Early Career Scientist Medals 2023, Call for nomination: Deadline: 10 January 2023 Read more
- IUGG General Assembly 2023. Call for abstracts: Deadline: 14 February 2023 Read more
Best wishes, and I hope to see you in Berlin
The International Association for the Physical Sciences of the Oceans, IAPSO
CNR-Istituto di Scienze Marine
Area Science Park - Basovizza - Edificio Q2
Strada Statale 14 - Km. 163.5
I-34149 Trieste, Italy
email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
You are receiving this email since you are currently included in the IAPSO mailing list, which we use to keep in touch with persons who may potentially be interested in our activities. Present and past Officers and National Correspondents of IAPSO, as well as participants in the IAPSO sponsored activities (Assemblies, Conferences, Workshops, etc.) are included in this list.
You are free to unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time, if you wish, just click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this and any e-mail you receive from us.
If you are a National Correspondent or a Member of the IAPSO Executive Committee you should know that by deleting yourself from our mailing list, you will no longer receive communications from us, including those specifically addressed to you for your role within the Association.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.